There are so many variations on making beef stroganoff and this right here is mine! It’s super easy to prepare and easy on the pocket too! So if you’ve ever steered clear from making this dish, try this my version, you’ll be surprised at how simple it is and most importantly, absolutely delish! You can serve with with rice, potatoes or pasta even, it’s all about your preference.
- Medium sized pot
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1kg beef, cut into strips
1 punnet oyster mushrooms, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips
100 ml fresh cream
100 ml fresh milk
3 tbsp cream of mushroom soup powder/ plain flour
1 beef stock cube
1 litre boiling water
4 whole cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Heat oil in pan. Add your beef strips and 1 tsp salt. Fry until browned. Add your garlic and beef stock cube and boiling water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer until beef is tender and all liquid is finished.
- Add the carrots and thyme. Fry for 2 minutes. Add your onion and fry for another 2 minutes. Now add the mushroom and 1/2 tsp salt. Fry until mushroom begins to brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3 tbsp cream of mushroom soup powder or plain flour together with enough milk to make a paste. Stir and pour this into the beef and vegetables.
- Add fresh cream and the rest of the milk. Stir and allow to simmer on low heat for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Sprinkle the spring onion just before serving. Enjoy with your preferred starch.